Monday 2 January 2023

What a wonderful start to the New Year NOT...

 2023 What a wonderful start to the New Year.  Sunday 1st of January I went to Lynsey's, she had called me crying that she was in pain. Lynsey never shows when she is in pain so I knew something was terribly wrong.  I had to go to her, any mother who loves their child cannot refuse to go to them when they need them no matter how old they are. I jumped in a taxi and was soon with Lynsey, she looked shocking.  I could tell straight away this was no ordinary pain.  I  sat and talked to her for a while, she had been to A&E the day before with bad pains in her back & abdomen she had also lost control of her bowels which is not a good sign in a 34 year old.  The female doctor had in Lynsey words "pushed her finger up her bum" said everything looks fine go home and take some paracetamol. 

Lynsey was in much more pain now than she had been then. She had a small seizure then went upstairs to the bathroom,  the next thing. I heard was Lynsey tumbling down the stairs. I don't know if she had another seizure, passed out or just fell. I do know that when I got to her she was unconscious for a second or two. Lynsey has a very badly bruised big toe and had hurt her back even more to her dismay she had been carrying her cat Biscuit downstairs and was worried she might have hurt him. We ended the day by going to A&E again we arrived there about 9pm we were still there at 2pm today before we saw a doctor.   At least when we did he got things moving, Lynsey was sent for an MRI within less than an hour and arrangements for x rays on her toes. Lynsey was sent up to a ward for the night so I decided to go home.  Mum came to pick me up before we had reached home Lynsey called, she had the results from the MRI she has a tumour on the bottom of her spine. I just didn't know what to think.  Tomorrow we will find out more and if she has to go straight to Leeds to be treated.  Tonight she will stay in Pinderfields and be given copious amounts of morphine to numb the pain. Sometimes being a mum can feel really useless when there is nothing you can do to help your child no matter how old they are. 

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment