Friday 6 January 2023

The New Year continues...

 The New Year carries on in much the same way. Lynsey remains in the hospital. She is now in ward 32A and has been made as comfy as possible. The MRI showed that she has

 A Spinal Neurinoma is a benign, slow-growing tumour in the spine. 

The MRI also showed some endometriosis and a cyst. We knew Lynsey had endometriosis, so this came as no great surprise. It was possible that the cyst had ruptured and that fluid was leaking into the fallopian tubes. Mr Kremer, the gyno doctor, was not interested because it was a spinal MRI and not a gyno one. So he wasn't interested in treating her and said he would make an outpatient appointment.

Lynsey has a broken big toe on her right foot. 



Bit of an overkill for a big toe.




I was not too good myself yesterday. I was sick, sitting on the toilet with a bucket on my knee most of the day and night. I wondered if I had picked something up at the hospital. I did a covid test to rule that out first, and then I realised that the relatively large abscess on my lower jaw had disappeared. I rang the dentist, who made me an appointment for 3:15pm today. Mr Khan pulled out 2 teeth. It hurt like hell because of the abscess, but now the rest would drain, and I was closer to getting them all out. Only 3 to go.

Lynsey had a repeat MRI this time with dye, to see if it showed up any more than the last one. I am still waiting for the results. No doubt I will hear them tonight or tomorrow.

Lynsey has been prescribed Morphine, Gabapentin, Ondanatran (anti-sickness) and something to make her go to the loo.

I have been told to expect a call, as I am her next of kin. They will be calling me to arrange a delivery date for the frame for the bog to my house. ( she has such a way with words )

That is not the end of The Turner Family's luck. Last night, when Chris finished work, he went outside to get his bike, only his bike was not there.




Tony is still in quite a bit of pain with his broken wrist. He has lost some of the feelings in his thumb and forefinger. His legs are getting no better. We really are not having a lot of luck between us, are we?

 So it is a crap start to 2023.

Until the next time...


2 comments:

  1. And I'm just coming out of a 72-hr stomach bug. Happy days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least you have something to write about this year 😂

    ReplyDelete