Wednesday 18 January 2023

Getting more like normal...

 Things are getting more like usual. Lynsey was discharged from the hospital on 14/01/2023. However, she only received some of the medication she was led to believe she would. She did not get a discharge letter, so she has spent all week fighting with the family GP to get a repeat prescription for the medication she needs to continue with until she returns to the hospital clinic as an outpatient. Lynsey has to attend one of the hospitals in Leeds for them to remove one of the swollen lymph nodes/glands from her chest to do some tests on it. The big C has been mentioned. However, Lynsey is not letting this phase her. She is very calm and takes it all in her stride. A lot better than I would be if it was me (or I am because she is my baby, after all). She was happy to be reunited with her cats, Pepper & Biscuit, even though they both seemed to ignore her and sulk for a while.


Biscuit hid in the safe place on the cat scratcher.


Pepper just turned his back & sulked.



Tony is still having problems, the feeling has not returned in his thumb and forefinger, and the pain is still causing him sleepless nights. He goes back to the fracture clinic on 27/01/2023. Hopefully, his wrist will heal enough for the pot to be removed. However, it may not be because another pot may replace the one he has. Tony's legs are looking better. The cream works slowly, but that is better than not working at all.
My gum is taking a long time to settle, where I had two teeth removed. I know it is because they were taken out while I had an abscess. I hope it is not becoming infected again. We are both over the sickness bug we picked up and are happy to say apart from our usual ailments, we are fine.

Looking through old photos again, I saw this one, taken in Albufeira in The Algarve in Portugal. We spotted this kennel on our first visit, but it was scarce to see an animal there. I am assuming that Ricky is the dog. 


Ricky's Pad in The Algarve Portugal





Then I found this very melancholy looking one of part of Wakefield.




Kirkgate in Wakefield

A very wet and dreary day made it look more downtrodden than usual.



Oh, I do miss my shed...





Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment