Sunday 26 April 2020

Ways to pass the time...


I am still managing to find ways to pass my time! I do a bit of reading, play a few games on my tablet or a few hands of cards, a jigsaw or two. The tablet comes in handy for things like that because I can no longer hold a jigsaw piece or a hand of cards. I also like to colour but that has to be done on the tablet as well because holding a pencil for any length of time is not easy either.
Luckily I can still use my camera as I can put it on a tripod and I can use a remote to fire it if need be. Having said that I do still prefer to fire it by hand.
I have been down to the garden a couple of times, the birds are all busy nest building or collecting food to take to nests. We think the magpies have been raiding nests, the blackbirds were sending out a distress call the other day, both parents were rushing around the garden, so Tony and I think they had lost either eggs or chicks.


Mr Blackbird collecting food the day before the distress call.



Both Blackbird parents sending out distress calls.




It wasn't just the blackbirds that the magpies were targeting, they were also flying in and out of the lilac bushes where the sparrows are nesting. The sparrows nest in groups so they would send up a very loud chatter whenever a preditor came near. Sometimes it would be a magpie or two, sometimes it would be a neighbourhood cat it could even be one of the children playing in the garden wandering too close to the hedge.

Male Sparrows on the lookout for magpies.



The goldfinches have been visiting a lot lately, sometimes it is one solitary bird other times it is quite a flock, ( known as a charm ). 

Goldfinches on the sunflower heart feeder.





Of course, no garden visit is complete without a squirrel.

The crazy one.




I hope you are all managing to keep safe & well,


Until the next time... 



No comments:

Post a Comment