Monday 9 April 2018

Why golf balls?




Today's Photo Of The Day.
RAF Menwith Hill
(or as we call it the giant golf balls near the dales.)





Royal Air Force Menwith Hill is a Royal Air Force station near Harrogate, North Yorkshire, England, which provides communications and intelligence support services to the United Kingdom and the United States. Wikipedia

AddressBirstwith, Harrogate HG3 2RL
Battles/warsCold War
Year built1954
In use1958–present.
When we drove past these as children we always used to whisper to each other about what happened in there. Sometimes we said it was American spies, other times it was aliens from space. None of us ever really knew what they were or what the place was used for, I don't think we really cared it was just something to pass time on a long car journey. Even now I don't fully understand or really have must interest, I suppose really I probably should! Oh well maybe one day I will but not today! Today I am thinking about red squirrels and dolphins...

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment