Wednesday 22 March 2017

Toothache part 3

Today I had to return to the dentist yet again! I could stand the pain no longer. My face had a slight swelling, the pain had reached up to my nose and under my eye, I had no choice I had to return.
I rang the dentist, who had no appointments, however, I was told to go in at 3 pm and sit and wait til I could be seen. Luckily I only had to wait 5 minutes. Mrs. Dentist asked me what the problem was, I explained that after the antibiotics the infection cleared up and everything seemed ok. Then my gum began to twinge and the tooth next to the one that was removed,(the one I think she broke) began to hurt. So she tapped the bottom of the tooth with a metal object. Did that hurt? she asked. After I lowered myself from the ceiling I gave her a stern look and through clenched teeth said yes just ever so slightly. I think you have an abscess under that tooth she said. We can try and save it with a root canal or we can take it out. As I only have one tooth at the back and two other teeth besides that one left at that side of my mouth I very bravely opted for the root canal. (Or was that stupidly, as it is not guaranteed to work). Mrs. Dentist numbed my gum again sending me up to the ceiling by injecting my gum exactly where the pain was. Then she drilled a hole into the back of the tooth to drain the abscess. She has left the hole open so the abscess can continue to drain, I have to wash my mouth out with warm salt water twice a day and suck on the tooth to encourage it to drain. Doesn't that all sound pleasant? When do I go back for the root canal? April 10th!!! I can't imagine how I am going to keep a hole in the back of a tooth clear of food, it looks like a soup diet for a couple of weeks.

Now for something a little more pleasant.



Mrs. Squirrel is pregnant again.


She was very cheeky when I caught her on the log eating the biscotti spread, she looked at me and stuck out her tongue.


A young male squirrel.


This little squirrel is very polite he say's grace before eating the food left out for him.


The school children are being very generous, they share their toys with the squirrels.



Blue Hoop & Red Hoop in the Sycamore Tree.


Space Hopper in a tree further down the playground.




The Starling looks very dapper.


This starling looks very dapper with his little flick on top of his head.



The Garden Snail.




The garden snails are everywhere in the garden at the moment. I thought this one looked quite nice on the wall, it must have taken it a while to climb up there.





Until the next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment