Friday 24 March 2017

Company in the shed

This morning we had a visit from the son, his better half and my youngest grandson. They brought me a bunch of flowers, two mothers day cards, two boxes of chocolates and a mug that read "Well done Mum, I'm awesome".  This, as you will have guessed is an early present for Sunday.
After they left I went down to the shed, where I discovered I had some company.



A Shield Bug.


It was a very colourful and handsome looking Shield Bug. It had a wander round the shed before disappearing behind some plastic shelves on the wall.


The garden was quiet even though the sun was shining and it was quite warm. There were a few birds however the usual ones seemed to be missing. There was no sign of any Starlings, Sparrows or Blackbirds. I was pleased to see that the Goldfinches had dropped in, it is a while since I have seen them.

The Goldfinches sharing a feeder.




Looking out for trouble.



I am just so cute.


There is a Jackdaw that has started to sit up in the Sycamore tree watching the garden. When it gets the chance it swoops down and takes some food, if the greedy Magpies don't beat it.



The Jackdaw keeping a beady eye on the garden.



Mrs Squirrel came into the garden, she is looking extremely scruffy. I know she is losing her winter coat but I think she is pulling it out to line the drey with ready for the birth of her babies.

A very scruffy Mrs Squirrel.


However, she still seem's fit enough to fly around the garden when she see's me with the camera.

Flying Squirrel.



I think it's a piece of apple core she has in her mouth, it appears to be her favourite food at the moment.

Tooth update: -  today it is not too bad, the taste is not pleasant but extra strong polo mints help with that. The pain has certainly subsided a lot now the abscess is going. So all being well when I return to the dentist in a couple of weeks that hopefully will be the end of it.

We are keeping our fingers crossed for good weather a week tomorrow because the car boot sales at York racecourse begin again on April 1st and the first one is always worth a visit. So if you are anywhere near York and the weather is dry I recommend a visit. (no it is not an Aprils fool).

Until the next time...





No comments:

Post a Comment