Monday 2 January 2017

Singing in the new year.

The birds were singing in the new year in the garden today.
The Robin was leading, the Dunnocks close behind, followed by Blackbirds and a variety of Tit's. Even a little Wren was joining in. It was quite a band they had going. However the loudest of them all today were the Starlings. They were all over the garden, in bushes, trees on the shed roof, the flat roof and the school roof. Starling voices could be heard everywhere. They warbled at the top of their voices drowning out the rest of the birds.



Singing Starlings




The Starlings that were not singing were squabbling over food. They were fighting over peanut butter and suet, the fights became very heated at times.



Starlings fighting over food.





The Squirrels had a treat when they discovered the nutboxes filled with chestnuts and hazelnuts instead of the usual monkey nuts. I wonder how many sweet chestnut trees they have planted around the estate today?



 Squirrel finding a surprise in the nutbox




Squirrel rushing off to bury the surprise





I stayed in the shed as long as possible but the cold weather won in the end, I had to return to the flat before I really wanted to. The light was fading too so I really could not have stayed much longer. 
Tony had a hot water bottle ready for me by the time I got back upstairs,( he is good to me).

Well that's it the new year has started what it will hold is any ones guess, will we ever leave the EU? Will this be another bad year for celeb deaths? Who will press the button first, Korea, Russia or Donald Trump?
 Maybe it will be a good year full of peace and harmony!
Yes I know I've lost the plot again.

Until the next time....




No comments:

Post a Comment