Tuesday 5 May 2015

Parrot bars and Woodpeckers.

Where does the time go? I haven't written a blog for 12 days, so I thought as today was the 13th day I had better do something about it.


I have been into the garden a few times so I will share a few pictures with you, as you will have guessed some of them will be squirrels.

I tied a parrot bar to the crossbar in the garden just to see how long it would take for the squirrels to eat it.

































As you can see it doesn't look like it will take long. This is one of the younger squirrels so when one of the older ones try they will probably eat a lot more in one sitting.

We had a visit from a Great Spotted Woodpecker yesterday, it's lovely to see one back in the garden again. Tony had spotted one the day before but had not managed to take a photo.
I took a few photo's then rushed (as fast as I can rush ) from the shed to the flat to tell Tony to get a camera ready. Unfortunately the woodpecker did not return. Hopefully it will be back in the next few days, he comes for the peanut butter so I will have to make sure there is plenty out.

I am pleased with how these photo's turned out because they were taken through the shed window. I had just packed up my cameras and put the windows back in when I saw the woodpecker. I took my camera back out but the windows had to stay in.









Tony has had a birthday since I last wrote a blog, I think he was happy with the bottle of Spanish Brandy I bought him. We don't usually buy each other birthday and christmas presents but I thought I would surprise him because he puts up with a lot looking after me. I know I frustrate him, but I do love him and I don't know how I would survive without him.
Oh now thats getting a bit mushy quick change of subject needed.

The up coming elections, I will be so glad when they are over. We could have papered a room with the amount of rubbish we have had pushed through the letterbox over the last few weeks. I don't know how much could be saved on the ink and paper they waste on all this campaign rubbish.
Do you all know who you are going to vote for? or are you still undecided! I am going to vote for the same people I voted for last time for what good it will do. I just hope the Tory's don't get in again.

Oh,  the parrot bar has disappeared from the garden, one of the squirrels has chewed through the string and run away with the bar.

Well I am beginning to ramble now so,

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment