Monday 12 January 2015

Cheeky did not want to share...

The cheeky squirrel is enjoying the nuts on the window ledge, he comes and waits when he see's me coming. Before I even get the window out he will be on the fence, tail swishing urging me to hurry up and put out the nuts.
I always put a few out so he can help himself whilst I fill the other feeders and the nutboxes and water dishes.






The other day I found a few brazil nuts that I had forgotten about, so I put them out on the table at the side of the shed.
Cheeky squirrel really did get excited when he saw them. Back and forth he ran taking them until only one remained. Just before he came back another squirrel appeared, ran along the fence and jumped onto the table. The second squirrel was sniffing at the last nut when out of nowhere shot a ball of fur, screeching and spitting, the squirrel was knocked to the ground and the nut disappeared.



Cheeky squirrel with the last Brazil nut.











Cheeky squirrel a look of triumph on his face raced down the garden, brazil nut hanging from his mouth. The second squirrel shook himself looked round as if to say what happened, climbed back up to the table and the look on his face when he saw the nut had gone, if squirrels cried I think he would have done just that.

The garden is beginning to fill up with birds, the Blackbirds are back and starting to pick their territories. The Sparrows are huddling together in the bushes either to keep warm or setting up the colonies. The Dunnocks are already beginning games of chase, The Robins are singing and the Great Tits are too.

It is almost time for the :-

RSPB Big Garden Bird Watch 24th - 25th January 2015

I hope there will be plenty of birds visiting for that, I will be down in the shed, the feeders full, lots of fresh water and I will settle in with my music player and book ready for the count. Tony will probably do an hour on Sunday and I will do Saturday it is amazing how much difference there can be in the day and time.


Here is another useless fact,

Squirrels forget where they've buried
three-quarters of their nuts!

Until the next time...






No comments:

Post a Comment