Wednesday 14 January 2015

Books, TV and another useless fact...



This morning it snowed,



We had been told by Paul Hudson on the weather forecast last night to expect wind and ice. That there was a possibility of a few wintery showers over the tops. Well I don't really think I would class us as being on the tops, however we definitely got the snow. It didn't last long and not a lot settled but it was very cold. This means when it freezes, (which it will ) it will be treacherous underfoot so I am staying indoors where I am safe.

Tony is watching Snooker, I think part of the reason he watches it is so he can complain about the commentators and the way they describe the players. One of his favourites is John Virgo's saying "inch perfect" which he must repeat at least a dozen times in some matches. When they start singing the praises of Ronnie O'Sullivan thats it, Tony is in his element, "that man is a gangster".
Oh well at least he has something to entertain him for a few hours to fill the hours of boredom when we don't get out!

I am reading a bit more again I am still reading Lisa Gardner but I am onto her final 2 books.  I am then going to try either Karen Slaughter or Jeffery Deaver. I have bought 2 of each of their books so I will see which draws me in the most.

I have begun watching the second series of "Broadchurch" but I am not sure yet whether or not I am liking it as much as the first. Where as "Last Tango in Halifax" has me hooked again from the beginning. 
I am also enjoying "The Voice" and I much prefer Rita Ora as a judge than Kyle Minogue. 


Useless fact:-

Nottingham
was first named Snottingham,
after a Viking called Snot.

Until the next time...






                                                                                                                                                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment