Sunday 4 January 2015

A Belated Happy New Year.


I crawled coughing and sneezing into 2015. My throat feeling like it was full of barbed wire, a brass band playing in my head and a thunderstorm in my ears. I am on the mend now though, I am just left with a cough that rattles my body. However enough of that, lets find some good things for the start of the new year.

The squirrels are coming three sometimes four at a time into the garden, one of them is quite happy to sit on the window ledge and eat nuts I have put there while I sit and watch him.




The birds are increasing in numbers since the cold weather arrived.

I finally managed to get my hair cut just before Christmas, it has gone from shoulder length to pixie cut. As you can imagine that means my ears and neck are very cold now so I am wearing scarves indoors and out.

Tony is fine he has been looking after me very well while I have not been well. At least we knew it could not be flu I had because somebody made me have a flu jab.

Tony is a bit worried about his sister because she is in hospital and might be facing surgery. She is 70 years old and of course he cannot just rush off to be with her, she lives in New England in USA. It's not just round the corner.

The little black cat is still trying to catch the squirrels, thankfully, (touch wood) it has not managed to get one as far as we know. I think it has managed to catch a few small birds though.

The Sparrow hawk has been around,that has definitely been killing. There was the remains of a brown feral pigeon in the garden, I don't mind that because they have become a nuisance.

I am hopefully going to keep a regular blog now that I am feeling a bit better. I hope I will be able to get out and about to find some interesting photos and blog entries for you.

Until then... 

No comments:

Post a Comment