Saturday 4 January 2014

The squirrels are driving me crazy


I went into the shed yesterday, it was freezing,  there was very little to photograph but I was looking for Rusty. Tony and I had spotted him sneaking through the garden, over the fence into Margaret's garden, down the path under the gate, over the gate and away up the road. The people up the top of the Drive , drive their cars as if they were on a race track. Rusty would not stand a chance if he came head to head with one of these. I did not see any of the squirrels in the garden, I went back inside, cold and with a heavy feeling of dread. Not again I thought, not another squirrel loss not so soon, not so early into a new year!
However I heard Tony shout from the kitchen this morning,"Soo there are two squirrels in the garden" I shot out of bed (if you can call it that it was more like a stagger) into the kitchen. I looked and there was Pretty Boy and Patch. I carried on watching to see what they were up to, Patch had found the chestnuts in the bottom of the nutbox and was running in every direction burying them. I don't know why because he would only forget where he put them. Pretty Boy took a hazel nut from the table and ran away with his prize. Patch just carried on with his running and burying. I saw a squirrel coming down the fence, I thought it was pretty Boy coming back. I looked again, did a double take to be sure, it was Rusty. I was so glad to see him to know that he had survived his adventure. I just hope he won't be going on another one too soon. The only other thing is we haven't seen Mandona for quite a while now. I am worried about her.

Here are a couple of pictures so you can remember what she looks like.








Until tomorrow...





No comments:

Post a Comment