Saturday 29 December 2012

It's nearly over...



Tony had cold for Christmas and shared it with me, he is so generous!
I am just about getting over it now, I have a few snuffles and my throat is still a bit sore, but on the up side I have lost 4lbs in weight so it is not all bad.
We are both still coughing specially on a night I have to sleep sitting up, I think I may have a dose of "the man cold"...

Elvira came and stayed 2 nights at christmas and as far as I know she has not caught cold from us. She seemed to enjoy herself and we enjoyed her company.

The garden is still a bit bog like, the squirrels are still not bothered.  We bought them hazelnuts and pecan nuts for christmas, they even got some chocolate and extra peanut butter so they were happy.
The birds were not left out either they were treated to left over pastry from the sausage rolls and mince pies.
I am pleased to say there has been no sign of the rat



He/she might be cute but was not welcome in the garden.

The Goldfinches and Greenfinches have been feeding in the big fir tree outside my bedroom window so I managed to take a couple of shots of them which I was quite pleased with...




Apart from that the garden is still very quiet.
So it's nearly all over, just new years to survive and things can get back to normal, whatever that is?


No comments:

Post a Comment