Tuesday 18 December 2012

I am going to say the F word...


I am, here it comes, are you ready for it ? I am going to say it now...
Fifty... Yes there I said it, Fifty, I am Fifty!
I have been alive for half a century!
What am I supposed to feel like? I don't feel any different! I feel just the same as yesterday, last week , last month even last year. It's all a bit of a let down really.
I did get a few more cards then expected, one from my big sister was the biggest surprise!
I got a lovely gift from Elvira, a Johnny Cash first sun recording set of  LPs and CDs and a card that had me in stitches.
Tony took me out, bought me breakfast, then cooked me dinner this evening, we don't do presents as such, we both agreed a long time ago that we had just about everything we needed so presents didn't matter as long as we have each other.
Today also has a sad anniversary it is four years ago today since John passed away.  The Johnny Cash  albums that Elvira gave me today belonged to John which makes them all the more special.

I haven't been in the garden much it has been very quiet, even the unwelcome guest we had seems to have disappeared .

1 comment:

  1. Happy birthday. 50 is the new 30, they say, so you've nothing to worry about!

    ReplyDelete