Monday 10 September 2012

The joy of seeing the Reds at last...


We have just had a week in Scotland, staying in a caravan at Beauly. The view from the window was I have to admit amazing, we could see Red Kites flying but they just never came close enough to photograph. However the Reds I am talking about are not the kites oh no!

These Reds are something I have dreamt of seeing on every visit to Scotland, I have walked so many woods looking for them, read up on them till my eyes ached but never managed to see one, except the one running across the A9 as we left Scotland last time we were there!

This time though I finally managed not only to see but  "oh yes" to photograph a Red Squirrel.
All this was made possible by being shown the secret place on The Black Isle found by a very clever and patient man "Squirrel James" If he had not spent all the hours sitting and waiting and watching for the beautiful little red fluffy creatures, My lovely brother Bassman could not have taken us to the secret place to show us where to see them.
You can both be assured the secret is safe with us Tony and I loved seeing the Red Squirrel so much we went back for another look Bassman told us it would be fine and I did leave a message on Squirrel James camera to which I hear I am now a star on face book. Thanks again to both of you.

Enough of this waffling on any way what you really want to see is the pictures...


 These two were from the first day.

All the others I took the second time






 The Squirrel and Tony playing hide & seek





 This is the only Deer we managed to find.


No comments:

Post a Comment