Friday 17 August 2012

Excitement in the garden...



Today has been an exciting day in the garden for photography, this morning we had visits from the squirrels three of them at once.
I didn't manage to get them on camera all at once but just seeing them together was fun and then one of them came onto the fence between our garden and the downstairs garden so I got some close shots while the Squirrel sat and posed so nicely for me...





The Squirrels played for a while longer then had something to eat before disappearing away up the wall to wherever they go when they leave the garden.


























Not long after the Squirrels had left Tony shouted from the kitchen, "Soo quick bring a camera, the hawk has taken something from the feeder"

I rushed into the kitchen (well as much as you can call it rush the speed I move) the Sparrowhawk was down on the floor covering it's catch, I took quite a few photo's so I would manage at least a couple of decent photo's. As we found out the unfortunate bird was a young Starling...















So the garden is a Starling less, it is not a pretty sight but it is nature it happens and it does make excellent photographs.

I can't wait for tomorrow to see what happens in the garden...



No comments:

Post a Comment