Thursday 20 September 2012

My future decided in 20 minutes...


Today I went for an assessment with ATOS HEALTHCARE to see if they think I am fit for work...


I took all the information I could think of to take with me to show all the problems I suffer with,
photo's of swellings (not pretty)
medications taken
medical history
hearing aid booklet for Tinnitus
Partner for when I forget things

The doctor was hard to understand as she was not english,
she asked some questions that I had already answered on the form, in several different ways.
She told me she would do a memory test which consisted of
what day is it
what date is it
where are you
Then she did a physical examination
lift your right leg
lift your left leg
squeeze my fingers
hold out your hands palm up
turn your hands over
Thats it we have finished.

On just that they will decide my future.

When we arrived home there was a parcel outside the door for Tony.
Inside there was a letter for me, written on the envelope by the postman were the words

PACKAGE OUTSIDE!

At least that made us smile.


No comments:

Post a Comment