Friday 18 May 2012

Why did I go?

I went back to the hospital today for the follow up appointment with the eye clinic.


The appointment was for 2:30 pm when we arrived we waited to be seen, at about 2:30pmish we were called in "oh this is good we thought" WRONG.
That was just the initial call in to test your sight, then back into the waiting room with an A4 sheet of paper which tells you



THIS IS A CASUALTY CLINIC 
 YOU MAY HAVE BEEN GIVEN AN APPOINTMENT TIME
THIS IS JUST SO THE STAFF KNOW HOW MANY PATIENTS TO EXPECT
MORE URGENT CASES MAY BE SEEN BEFORE YOU
A WAITING TIME CAN BE EXPECTED 
OF BETWEEN 2 TO 4 HOURS



Oh happy days, I wont tell you the exact words Tony and I both uttered.
We did go in at about 3:20pm so it wasn't too bad apart from the little Asian boy who entertained us in the waiting area with his caterwauling for over half an hour before a member of staff remembered there was a playroom just down the corridor.
So the doctor we saw asked the same questions as the last one, looked in my eyes, squirted in orange dye. Hummed and hawed then said "continue with the drops"

Me                     Will it happen again? 
Doctor                I don't know
Me                      What caused it?
Doctor                I don't know

So  I have to ask myself 
WHY  did I go ?

No comments:

Post a Comment