Sunday 25 December 2011

Happy Christmas

This morning Tony and I took Christmas presents to my grandchildren. My grandson likes Toy story so following my daughters suggestions I bought him a Jessie doll. His reaction was amazing, you would have thought I had bought him the world. My grand daughter gave a much cooler reaction to her gift but she is 9 going on 19yrs old.
We called to see my Mum as well, we spent a while chatting and had a laugh about the present she bought Tony (a bah humbug mug), Trevor was out with the dog but I did notice his present from my daughter was sitting in full view on the radiator. Trevor likes the meerkat adverts so she  bought him a meerkat in a Santa suit (I think Happy (the dog) will own it before too long).

Now on a sad note I had to remove 2 more bodies from the garden this morning, the 2 Collar Doves from yesterday didn't make it. I haven't seen any more sick looking birds today so fingers crossed tomorrow I will not have any bodies to remove.

Tony has been busy today making a chindian buffet, (chinese / indian) we decided against the traditional Christmas food, neither of us really celebrate Christmas, so we thought something different would suit us better.
So the menu so far has been

Prawn  Toast
Spring Rolls
Samosas
spicy Pork in sauce  with pancakes and onions
Later we will be having

Rogan Josh with rice
Christmas Pudding with cream spiced with Brandy.

Then I think we will both be falling asleep in front of the television.
So all that's left to say is Happy Christmas or Bah Humbug!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good menu to me. Hope the bird mystery is solved soon.

    ReplyDelete