Thursday 1 December 2022

It's been a while...







The squirrels have been having problems with the magpies stealing their walnuts.

Things are carrying on much as usual, Tony has some new cream for his legs, and they are looking slightly better, it's a pity they don't seem to work any better.  I am okay-ish at the moment, my usual aches and pains are there but I am used to them now. I have a new condition to add to the list, "Ocular Hypertension" when the pressure inside the eye is higher than average. The front of the eye does not drain fluid properly, which causes eye pressure to build up. If not treated it can cause glaucoma. I was not too surprised to be told this diagnosis as glaucoma is in the family.

It was with deep sadness I heard of the passing of my brother and sister-in-law's beautiful black cat Maia. She could be a bit of a terror at times, cheese was never safe when Maia was around, it would disappear under the table before you could blink. Neighbours with catflaps should never leave unguarded cheese or chicken carcasses out either, she could be in and out as quick as a flash. However, Maia also had her sweet side when we looked after her and her sisters she would sit in front of us with big, big eyes and cry FEED ME, FEED ME NOW, even if it was an hour early.

Seriously though, I am sorry to hear of her passing and I am sure her Mum & Da will know I am only trying to make them smile. 

Lynsey has had a 24-hour blood pressure monitor fitted today, this is to try to get an average reading before she can join in with a fitness program set by the long covid clinic. She has had it on for about 2 hours and has rung me about 4 times already complaining about how it is too tight, and how am I going to sleep with this on, I might just put my phone on silent.

I have begun making Christmas cards for the neighbours old and new, I have also started on the calendars.

I must find out if my neighbour from Queens Drive is home, she had a fall in the garden and managed to drag herself up 6 steps back into her flat, lying on the floor all night because she could not reach the phone, nobody found her until 1pm the following day. She had a broken hip. I will tell her when I see her I just think she is rebuilding herself one joint at a time, she now has 2 new knees and a hip, she is very lucky it could have been a lot worse. I don't know how she managed to pull herself up the steps, she could have been outside all night and it was absolutely throwing it down with rain.

I am going to stop waffling now.












Until the next time...


1 comment: