Saturday 24 December 2022

Are you getting excited yet?

 




I am not in the Christmas mood at all. Lynsey is moaning about her heating, work, the train strikes and the price of houses in Scotland, and politics. I hate politics so I just let that go over my head, in one ear and out the other.
 Tony is still in a lot of pain with his wrist, we were back at the hospital yesterday. They x-rayed it again and said, "everything looked okay but he may lose some use in his wrist and they would see him again in four weeks". That is not ok, as far as I can see! When we were at the hospital we bought some fruit, there is a stall at the main entrance. The man that runs the stall was selling as much as you could fit in a carrier bag for £5. So of course we had to do it.

Tony with his bag of fruit.



I have been watching a new visitor for the last few days, it has been in the apple tree over the garage at the back of our garden.

Fieldfare In The Apple Tree.



I have broken my distance glasses the right-hand side arm has fallen off. I don't suppose sitting on them helped. I am having to wear my old ones until I can get into town to take them in for mending. That of course is not going to be until after the New Year. I am not impressed with myself at all. 

Joanne sent me some pictures of Logan and Willow my youngest Grandchildren after they had been to see Santa. I think they might have been talking too much, you will see what I mean in the second picture.

Willow & Logan with Santa.


Willow & Logan with Santa 

I think he wanted to stop them from talking.

We had a visit from Joanne, Chris, Keira, Logan and Willow, it is always nice to see them however, it is always nice to see them go as well. 

Tony's son Richard sent Tony a message on his phone this morning, he got all excited thinking it was something he had been waiting for, I had to laugh when it turned out to be a photo of one of Richard's sheep in a Santa hat.

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment