Thursday 1 February 2018

It's too cold to venture outdoors!


I am going to start again with a photo of the day. The 1st of February seemed a good day to begin again.

I have started believe it or not with a squirrel,


Today's photo of the day.

Looking through the shed window for me.




The squirrel had a look through the shed window to see if he could see me, when he spotted me this was his next move!



The flashing squirrel.


It just looked like he was flashing at me. I know he was really only having a scratch, but the timing was so spot on it just made me laugh.

I am back to my usual self as fit as I will ever be, Tony is still suffering a bit, his cough is causing him problems on a night. He is not eating properly and is off his scotch so that proves he is not well.

I hope you all joined in the 'Big Garden Bird Watch' at the weekend! I did, and I noticed a big drop in starlings from last year, the sparrows were down in numbers too, however the goldfinches were up and the collar doves were up slightly as well!

I hope the weather is going to improve so I can get out and about with a camera, the weather the last few days has been shocking. Yesterday it rained, sleeted, snowed, then the sun came out for about ten minutes before it rained again. But it is just so cold again. Today I have not left the house, it is windy outside, the ice didn't thaw off the car until mid morning and I could see no point in going out into the cold if I had no reason to, so today was a pyjama day. Tomorrow I will go into the garden and make sure the birds and squirrels have plenty of food and clean water, who knows I might even get a decent photo to show you.

Until tomorrow...



No comments:

Post a Comment