Saturday 4 June 2016

The week we lost the greatest boxer of the world. (in my opinion)

I was sad to hear of the passing of Muhammad Ali. I have never really liked boxing , but I did like Ali. I think it was his showmanship more than his actual boxing that I liked.
Ali engaged with the whole room, whether you came to support him or the competitor, he won you over. Ali ruled the room. He danced around the ring playing with the other boxer. Tiring the opponent out without even throwing a punch. Then when the punch did connect the other boxer would wobble and fall to the floor with a thud.
  "Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee", "I am the greatest Muhammad Ali".


 Muhammad Ali, circa 1970.
 Photograph: Chris Smith/Popperfoto/Popperfoto/Getty Images
 “Courtesy of Guardian News & Media Ltd”.

Of course his last and longest fight was with Parkinsons Disease. 

Muhammad Ali died on  3 June 2016  at the age of  74years  after battling a respiratory infection and Parkinson's disease.  

My heart goes out to his family that is left behind he has left a big void in their lives, but so many memories.



Now just to lift the mood a little,

Tony and I went to Junction 32 on Thursday. While we were there I took some photo's.
Because it is school half term they had a "farm petting corner" for the children.
There were chickens, bunnies, a pony, 2 pigs, a goat, a donkey, a calf, 2 sheep and 2 llamas.
I didn't get pictures of all of them. There were too many children and parents about, so getting pictures without children was difficult.



Calf


Goat


Donkey



Sheep



Llama


Llama




Llama being cheeky.






Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment