Sunday 22 February 2015

What a difference a rail makes!




I think the highlight of the last week must have been getting a stair rail on the outside steps.

It all happened very quickly. I received a phone call on Monday asking if a person from the disability department of the WDH could come out to see me. Of course I said yes.

A lovely young lady came out on Tuesday to see me asked a few questions, watched me walk up and down the stairs. Straight away she agreed a rail was in need and even suggested a half step at the bottom, because the bottom step is very deep.

The next day (Wednesday) I received a phone call from some body else from the council saying that there would be a joiner out to fit the rail on the following afternoon.
As promised Thursday afternoon we heard some drilling on the stairs, the workman fitted the rail and left without us seeing him.
The rail is a real help to me I find it so much easier to get up and down the stairs now.
'


Tony saw the Sparrow Hawk in the garden on Friday. I did put a very short video on here of the sparrow hawk that Tony took. However I have removed it because for you to see the film I had to remove the safety feature and Blogger then put up a warning saying
"This Blog contains content only fit for adult viewing"
It was a bird on a fence having a dump for goodness sake!
Any how that is why it is no longer on the blog.




The Robin is trying to attract a mate he is singing his little heart out.






Mrs Blackbird comes into the garden when she can, or until Mr Blackbird see's her and chases her out again.





Well I don't know what I put in there but I don't think she liked it!








Now for todays useless fact:-   

In ancient Rome,
when a man testified in court,
he would swear on his testicles.


Until the next time...



No comments:

Post a Comment