Monday 10 November 2014

He Loves Sunflower Seeds



The garden has been very quiet lately, we are still having problems with the small black cat. The cat is growing and is becomming quicker and more devious. The other morning it was waiting for the squirrels to come into the garden. The cat was crouching low in the grass close to the fence on the left hand side of the garden, knowing the squirrels would appear on the right hand side. The younger squirrels appeared on the wall at the bottom of the sycamore tree, ran along the fence and one of them went straight down to the nutbox. The second squirrel sat on the fence twitching it's nose and tail, it knew something was wrong. The cat was in position, bum waggling from side to side, getting ready to pounce. The squirrel on the fence saw the cat and shot back along the fence and up the tree. The squirrel on the ground had his head deep inside the nutbox and did not see him go. The cat edged forward a few inches, the squirrel lifted his head from the nutbox, turned and saw the cat! He ran across the garden as fast as his little legs could go, the cat just behind him. The squirrels heart must have been beating so hard it felt like it was going to burst. He just managed to get up the fence and jump into the tree as the cat made a leap for him. The cat missed, maybe the cat managed to catch some tail hairs but nothing more.
Tony was at the kitchen window by now ready to see that the black cat left the garden, however the black cat is learning and when he heard the stretch of the elastic he looked up at the window, sailed gracefully over the wall into the adjoining garden and disappeared .

I had to visit the dentist this week, not one of my favourite places. I had bitten into something and swallowed part of a tooth with it. Unfortunately as it is with dentists they always find something else that needs doing, so I have to return next week for her to fill 2 of my teeth. How anybody can enjoy a job that is poking about in other peoples mouths all day I will never understand!
I have to go for a blood test on wednesday this week another thing I don't look forward to but I have to do it every 6 months to make sure my thyroid levels are ok.

Tony and I bought a rug to put in the room underneath the dining table, however when we returned home and tried it out neither of us liked it. Guess where it is going? In the shed, oh yes it is getting very posh down there.
We have been clearing the shed out so the rug has come at the right time. I will be very cosy down there when the weather turns any colder, nice rug to warm up the floor, calor gas heater to warm the whole shed, rocking chair for me to sit in, flask of hot water to make coffee or soup and a good book for when there is nothing to photograph. What more could I ask for?
I do have to share it with Tony of course so some days he will have the luxuries of the shed and I will stay indoors.


I have made a "Mini Movie" of the youngest male squirrel enjoying his sunflower seeds I hope you enjoy it.









Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment