Saturday 15 November 2014

Brave or daft?

I can only apologise for the loss of photo's on my blog, I do not know where they have gone or why, it is a complete mystery to me.

I have replaced the Red Kite pictures with some more but I cannot remember what the other pictures on the previous blogs were so I am sorry but I will not be replacing those.

Today Tony and I witnessed a very strange happening in the garden!
Tony shouted to me from the kitchen (as he often does) "Soo get a camera". I know this means there is something in the garden to photograph. I picked up my camera with the 150mm- 500mm lens attached and headed for the kitchen.
Outside on the "raster bush" wash a Sparrow Hawk. We both took some shots of it as it sat on the bush, then it moved back onto the fence where Tony had first seen it. The sparrow hawk moved a little further up the fence as though it was looking for some thing, then all of a sudden one of the young squirrels jumped on to the fence. I expected the squirrel to turn tail and run, however I was wrong!


The squirrel stopped and looked out of the corner of his eye,







He edged a little closer,









A little closer and the sparrow hawk leaned forward,





































The sparrow hawk spread his wings and the squirrel turned tail.








The sparrow hawk threw his wings over his head,































The squirrel began to slow down as the sparrow hawk sat back.












The squirrel turned and ran back up the fence, the sparrow hawk got into position,





































 he flew from the fence and squirrel ran away not knowing quite what to do.












The sparrow hawk landed on the cross bar and watched the squirrel on the fence.





































The sparrow hawk flew across the garden to the fence at the other side, landed, looked up to the kitchen window where we were watching from. Looked at us as if to say "Stupid squirrel"
Then he flew away over the rooftops towards the park.












A bit of excitement in the garden, I am not sure whether the squirrel was brave or just daft!

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment