Wednesday 8 October 2014

Newbies in the garden


Poor Mrs Squirrel is being run ragged again, she has introduced three new youngsters into the garden. As usual there is one that is into everything, never in one place for more than a second or two before moving on to the next.

While two of the youngsters run around exploring,


the smallest one stayed on the fence with Mum.


The youngsters all explored the garden during the morning, leaving after a while, then two of them came back alone.  Mum could not have been keen on this idea just yet because it wasn't long before she came and chased them both out of the garden again. (hopefully I will have some film of this to show you soon).


The young squirrels soon found out where the sunflower seeds were.


They also knew the "it wasn't me" pose very well,


These two were happy to share when they tried to get the last of the peanut butter out of the little bush.


This one even knew how to use a tail for an umbrella when it began to rain.



It's good to see new squirrels in the garden, we lost one a couple of weeks ago, it didn't make it across   the road. The only squirrels that had been visiting on a regular basis were Mrs Squirrel and a younger male we named "Grey flanks". So now I am happy to have three more babies, I am not going to name them just yet, I have not really been able to spot any real markings to distinguish which is which. I know one of them is a boy but I have not managed to see what the other two are yet.



The weather for the last couple of days has not been very good.
Today it rained most of the day, I didn't really mind I wasn't going anywhere, I was in bed feeling sorry for myself, feeling a bit under the weather (ha ha, no pun intended).

The sun did eventually manage to break through even if the rain was still pouring down, so I was able to take a picture of a rainbow in the sky outside the bedroom window.



At least that put a bit of colour into a grey day.


Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment