Friday 15 November 2013

Double trouble

Pretty Boy the male squirrel, we think has moved in, has been joined by a female squirrel. They are easy to tell apart at a glance just because of their colour.
Pretty Boy is mainly grey, Mandona is more brown.
                                                                                                                                                                                 


Pretty Boy

Mandona





The male is called Pretty Boy because when I first saw him I said 'what a pretty boy'. The female is called Mandona which means 'Bossy' in spanish.
The two squirrels were playing chase round the tree this morning, according to my squirrel books, (yes I have books I need to know these things)this is a type of foreplay. So fingers crossed more squirrels in the future.
The Mandona is very bossy she obviously rules the roost. Pretty Boy gives in to her, she has first pick of the food, she takes the hazel nuts.


She had two in her mouth when I took this photo.


 I noticed today Pretty Boy had not managed to get a hazel nut, I put three on the fence for him to take. He must have been watching , he rushed down to take the nuts, in his haste he knocked them off the fence, all I got was a photo of Pretty Boys paw on top of the fence, He must have been so upset.



Todays photo of the day


Pretty Boys Paw.


The nuts shot off in all directions, I can imagine what went through the squirrels head, can you?
Pretty Boy climbed slowly back up the tree, he sat on a branch looking very sorry for himself.
 I am happy to have squirrels back, I know it is not Miss Squirrel. However it could be her daughter or son, life goes on.

Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment