Wednesday 7 March 2012

Today has been a day of ups and downs, mostly in my face. I have a condition called "Angioedema" which means I can swell up at any time for no reason, it is an allergic reaction to something we just don't know what. It seem's to be made worse by stress so I think at times I am just allergic to life!

Today my face has been swelling, it has been up and down like Eddie Murphy's in the Nutty Professor .
Sometimes it is one side of my face sometimes the other today they were taking it in turns. My lips too, if you have seen Forrest Gump  well Bubba had nothing on my lips Let me tell you!

It's all well and good I can laugh about it but it has a serious side too, if my tongue or airways swell I have to ring 999 or Tony has to rush me up to A&E as it can prove fatal in a short time. Luckily this has not happened and hopefully it wont but we are always aware of the possibility.

It also affects my internal organs I have been told, they too can swell up, this answers the question why I can start off a size 12 in a morning and be a size 18 on an evening, so much for dieting.
I could never understand why they didn't work!



Here is a picture of  a comedy band from the 60's/70's does anybody recognise them or any of the members? I am sure if you look closely some of you will.



1 comment: