Thursday 1 March 2012

Happy St Davids Day

White Rabbits is what my Nana would have said this morning, if she was still here. That she told me is what you should say first thing on the first day of every new month, she never told me why and I don't think I ever asked, I just put it down to another of  those "Nana things."

I suppose family members do a lot of strange things, most of which I am beginning to realise I am better not to question, in fact most of which I wouldn't even know about if it wasn't for the power of  "facebook".

I don't use it myself but it is amazing how many people are rushing to tell me what is on there that they seem to think will interest me!
 All I can say is if I am meant to know or somebody wants me to know they will ring me, speak to me or email me otherwise they don't want me to know, after all I am only their mother!

Well anyway I went down to the shed this morning the sun was out and the garden was full of life. I put out some food, set up my cameras and...
the gardener at the school over the wall at the bottom of the garden appeared with his petrol drivern hedge trimmer. He stood on step ladders with his head over the wall cutting the ivy. Nooooo! I thought the wrens have just started spending time in there, I was hoping they might nest in there. Then he moved down to the end of the wall to the corner. Nooooo! I thought the blackbirds are building a nest in there.

I was so relieved when the gardener left to hear the blackbird chattering and dragging long pieces of grass and leaves into the hedge, I even managed to snap a few photo's of the wren going in and out of the ivy,  which I will show you when I have sorted through them.



No comments:

Post a Comment