Monday 3 April 2023

Learn to suck it up...

 



















I went to the doctor on Friday for my steroid jab in my right knee, and he asked me how I was doing reducing my Gabapentin dose. I told him I had reduced it from 600mg 3 x daily to 300mg 3 x daily. His response was when I see you again in July I want to see you have stopped it altogether. He had already taken my tramadol a while back and I began feeling more pain. Then he said after that we would begin to reduce the amitryptiline, and then we would feel much better. After that, the topiramate can go. That prevents me from having migraines, I looked at him in amazement, can I just ask after we have stopped all these pain management tablets what will it have done for us? He answered me by saying, it will make us feel much better. I looked at him and said I think it is going to make me f@*&ing hurt! Well the look on his face, Susan he said there is no need to swear at me. I think there was, then I asked him how I was supposed to control my pain levels when he had taken all my pain relief? His answer learn to suck it up!
I was gobsmacked. I think I will be seeing a different doctor about my pain from now on.



This is my new reading seat.


It is due to be delivered tomorrow, I probably will not be in because I go to visit my mum on a Tuesday, so I am leaving it in the capable hands of Tony.

Tony has had a couple of visitors over the weekend, his son Carl, his wife Amber, and their youngest son Connor came on Saturday. Connor loves coming to drink a dram or two with his Grandad Tony, this time they were drinking Fundador a fine Spanish brandy. Connor will have slept all the way home to Morecambe.
Then on Sunday Tony's younger son Richard and his son Oliver came to visit. Tony had bought a shed for his mobility scooter, and Richard and Oliver had come to build it for him.

Tonys Scooter Shed.



It fits nicely under the room window in the back garden and is just high enough for the squirrels to stand on and look into the room, so they can ask for their monkey nuts when the box is empty. Yes, I know squirrels can't talk but I know what they want I am fluent in squirrel. 



Until the next time...


No comments:

Post a Comment