Wednesday 12 August 2020

Covid-19 has been taken over by the heatwave and thunder storms...

 


The heatwave has given people something else to talk about, it is no longer just covid-19.
I have noticed however that there are more people gathering in neighbouring gardens. The ones that should know better as well. One neighbour who works at Pinderfields hospital had a paddling pool out in his garden yesterday and today with of course children in it. He doesn't have any children of his own, they are children who live further down the street. I don't think I would want my children in a paddling pool with other kids at the moment or in the garden in a large group including somebody that works in the hospital. He is a porter so works in all areas.

Thunderstorms are another topic of conversation at the moment. We have been given warnings but so far have not really had any. There was some rain and a little bit of thunder last night but nothing to worry about, in Wakefield anyway. We have been very lucky, up in Scotland a lot of areas have had floods, de-railed trains, buildings struck by lightening causing them to catch fire. So far it has not been where my brother lives so hopefully it will pass by him and his wife.
Covid-19 of course is still high on the list of conversation, some of the areas near to us have been put back in lockdown, we are on the concern list, so if things don't improve we could be next. I hope not, even though neither Tony or I are really bothered about going out much it's just knowing if you need to you can. Of course I have started visiting my Mum and I don't want that to have to end again. 
Lynsey is not dealing well with this heat, as I am writing this she has had a seizure in town and is in A&E waiting to be checked over. The daft thing is she was only in town because she had a Dr's appointment. 

GARDEN UPDATE

We have twin young squirrels,  they both have brown bodies and grey striped tails. I know one of them is a boy I don't know about the other one yet.

Meet The Twins.








The young dunnock is still in the garden on it's own, I have only seen one this year and I never saw it getting fed by any parent bird.


The Young Dunnock.





Tony took this photo of the Collar Dove family they usually visit on a morning and an evening. There was six in the family but the Sparrow Hawk has taken a couple. We think it was the Sparrow Hawk but we are not sure we think one of them could have been taken by a Peregrine.

The Collar Dove Family.



Tony is not too bad at the moment, he has his good days and bad days, he gets frustrated because he cannot do the things he wants to do. I can understand that because I feel exactly the same. I am having problems eating at the moment but that is something that won't hurt me I could do to lose a few pounds or even a stone or two. I know I need to eat and I do and when I can't manage solids I have soup, rice pudding, porridge or ice cream, lots of ice cream.

Well I am beginning to ramble, stay safe and well,

Until the next time...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment