Monday 3 September 2018


The op went well, the surgeon told me in all the 30 years he has been doing this operation he has never seen a gallbladder so full of stones or so thick. I was just glad it was gone. The pain had gone and I felt so much better straight away. I had three small holes and a slightly larger one where a drain had been inserted. I  had to stay in overnight but I didn't really care about that either. Lynsey had told me all the horror stories about the pain I would get in my shoulders from the gas they would pump into me, well I waited for it dreading how bad this pain was going to be. I am pleased to say weeks after I am still waiting so I don't think it is going to happen now.
I am still having problems with my teeth another one broke the other day, it broke eating a jelly bean. I have been told the only way to stop it is to stop taking my meds. I think I will put up with the breaking teeth for now.
The garden has been fairly quiet, I think it was too hot for a while. I have never known it to be so hot for so long. But I have a few photos for you.

The squirrels find places to stop and stare at me.






Different Bugs in the garden & shed.




Bees on the lavender



I keep trying but I haven't got a picture I am happy with yet.

Oliver is very well behaved when he wants something.



That's not fair really Oliver behaves very well most of the time. I think Mum would be lost without him now.


May (Tony's sister) came from America for a visit.


She stayed with us for two weeks. It was very nice to see her, we took her to Knaresborough, Harrogate and Elvira took May & me to Roundhay Park.


We picked May up & dropped her off at Manchester airport.


It was nice to see her, but it was nice when she went home too, although after a few days we did begin to miss her a little.


We always keep a lookout for strange things.


We spotted this car whilst we were out one day, Tony always sees old cars before me so I don't always manage to get pictures of them. This time though I was lucky. Tony told me what the car was but as I am writing this I simply cannot remember what he said!

This last photo is one that Tony took, I think it was partly to prove that I am going a tiny bit daft or to show you how friendly the birds in the garden can be.

My friend the Robin.


I crushed some peanuts & put them on the wooden frame for the Robin. Every time I go into the garden now the Robin is waiting for his peanuts crushing. I also noticed two young blue tits peeping out of the hedge to see if the peanuts were there. I don't know what will happen if I run out of peanuts. I guess they will just have to go and mug a squirrel.

I have had a face to face assessment for my pip, to see if the powers that be still think I need it. I am not holding my breath, Lynsey had hers stopped because some dim wit said she wasn't unconscious when she had a fit. Luckily for Lynsey, she has managed to find a job and it a job in the industry she wanted.

Until the next time...

2 comments: