Tuesday 11 July 2017

Surprised in Tesco...


Groups of cyclists.




These are one of Tony's pet hates on the road! He doesn't mind if there are just one or two or even this many if they ride in pairs or single file. It's when they ride in packs taking over the full road that he objects.

Much the way this elderly gentleman must have felt when he had to take to the road to pass this car.


Taking to the road to pass a car.


He had no choice, he could not pass on the path for the car door and pushchair blocking the pavement. Ok he could have waited, but from the expression on his face I got the impression he had been waiting long enough!


While we were in Wakefield the other day we went for a coffe in a cafe called Grind. It was a last minute thing so we had no time to call Elvira as we normally would. Tony borrowed my camera to take a couple of shots of the fountain, it is nothing exceptional but it cost the council a lot of money that could have been put to much better use.


Arty shots of the fountain






Today at Tesco I got taken by surprise, I was waiting for Tony to bring the car to the door to collect me and the shopping , when something landed on my hand. Then it flew onto my stick and settled there.
I took out my camera to take a photo of the thing that had given me the surprise. A nice surprise for me, but if Lynsey or Elvira are reading this they may want to turn off now.




A Common Rustic.


This moth was one of the largest I have seen. it landed on the wrist strap on my crutch, you can see the buckle in the top left of the photo. This moth has a wingspan of 2.8-3.6cm so it is certainly a pretty large moth.

My operation on my shoulder is creeping ever closer, it is taking place on 13th. It is a good job it is a Thursday and not a Friday or I would not be going.

Until the next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment