Tuesday 25 April 2017

Tony's birthday, a tooth extraction and a trip to A&E.

Tony had his 71st birthday yesterday, it was spent taking me to the dentist where my tooth was extracted with no trouble. I am happy to say I am no longer in pain and enjoying the soup.

Later on yesterday around 5.00pm Lynsey phoned me to say she was coming to see us, she was bringing Tony his birthday present. She said she was walking up so would be about half an hour. So you could imagine my surprise when only ten minutes later I recieved another phone call from her saying she had been in a car crash. The taxi she had called had run into the back of a car. Apparently, the car infront of them had indicated and stopped to turn right, the taxi driver was texting on his mobile phone and had not seen the car stop, he had carried on moving and run into the other car. Fortunately Lynsey had realised what was about to happen and braced herself for the impact.
The car infront was a Mini, the taxi was a MiniBus so it did quite a bit of damage to the car. The car driver was not happy, as you would expect.
I rang my Mum and asked her if she could go up to Batley Road where the accident had happened as I could not get there myself, and the taxi driver was trying to get Lynsey into another taxi to get her out of the way.
My Mum went straight there. By which time an ambulance had arrived and was checking out the elderly man who had been a rear seat passenger in the car. Then the paramedics checked Lynsey, they were all passed as fit to go home but told to go to hospital if they needed to later.
At this point my Mum made sure the lady from the car knew the taxi driver had been texting at the time of impact. Now the police were called. The police arrived , they spoke to Lynsey in the back of the ambulance took her details and said they would contact her later for a full statement.

Lynsey came to our house with Mum, with the intention of going home later,when Mum picked her up again. However after 2 seizures and crying with pain plans changed slightly and Lynsey and I ended up at Pinderfields A&E.
Even that wasn't as simple as it sounds.
I phoned 111 to ask for advice on what to do for the best.  The lady on the phone was very helpful and friendly, she listened carefully to me then said she just needed to speak with her supervisor. She told me that she was arranging for an ambulance to come. We waited and watched for the arrival of the ambulance, after almost three quarters of an hour I was beginning to give up hope. Then my phone rang, it was 111 calling me back. This time it was a different person who was not very nice, she was very abrupt, sharp and extremely unfriendly.  She told me that an ambulance would not be available for hours so they would send and pay for a taxi. This would be coming from Leeds. We waited for another half an hour before the taxi arrived.
We finally got to Pinderfields hospital at about 11.45pm, only to find there was a 2hour 20minute waiting time. Lynsey was swaying back and forth on her chair trying to relieve the pain. She was quietly moaning and screwing her face up, she did not look happy.
After waiting almost 2 hours we finally saw a doctor, who prodded and poked, took some blood,(not sure why) said that nothing was broken, gave her 2 paracetamol then sent us back into the corridor to sit and wait again. We sat there until 3.45am when we were told that Lynsey should expect the pain to increase over the next couple of days,  she has to keep as mobile as possible and if she has any more problems must return to A&E. However I don't think we will be rushing back there too soon.
Today Lynsey got a phone call from the taxi drivers insurance company asking her about the accident,  needless to say his claim will not be covered.
The most amusing thing for Lynsey was when she recieved a text or email asking for feedback on her taxi journey. Somehow I don't think it will be good or will they get full stars.

On a lighter note, I like looking for images in clouds, and photographing clouds. This one caught my eye because it looked so much like a dolphin.


Dolphins in the sky.




This picture just amused me so I decided to share it! 


I just couldn't resist.




Until the next time...




No comments:

Post a Comment