Wednesday 16 March 2016

Blackbirds are busy...

Hello do you remember me?
It's been a while but here I am again popping up like the proverbial bad penny.

Things have been quiet around the flat and garden, the weather has not been the sort that has tempted me to stray outdoors. So all in all I have had nothing really to talk about.

However when I did finally venture into the garden I found the Blackbirds busy,

Mrs Blackbird was up on the school roof collecting leaves to build and line the nest.








While Mr Blackbird was busy supervising.






We had some old visitors back with us who I hope will be staying a while.


Beautiful Goldfinches back in the garden.




There are several Dunnocks flying round the garden chasing each other waving wings and whistling.



Dunnock in the hedge



The Jews Ear fungi is still on the drift wood but as you can see it has dried out. It resembles an ear more now.

Jews Ears



Of course no visit to the garden would be complete without a mention of Squirrels!
They are still around. Hopefully they will be coming more often soon. There are only one or two calling at the moment, but I have a feeling that one of the others could be up a tree in a drey somewhere not too far away, with a tummy full of babies.


Squirrels still calling but numbers are down.





Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment