Saturday 11 July 2015

The hot weather is having an effect on the garden.

The garden has been very quiet over the last few days. I think it has just been too hot for the birds and definitely much too hot for the squirrels. On Wednesday we got a bit of a break when it rained, the garden came alive for a few hours.


The Sparrows took advantage of taking cooling showers. The bushes were full of them all along the garden in front of the shed and in the sycamore tree. 





The Robin had also enjoyed the rain sitting on the wooden frame in front of the greenhouse shaking himself to remove some of the water from his feathers. After his shower and shaking he flew into the bush where he tilted back his head to sing a beautiful song to all the garden.




Squirrel had been struggling a bit climbing the fence, he decided he needed a break.


The Squirrel looked very soggy sitting on the fence shelf, where the rain had been falling onto him giving him a cooling break from the sun beating down. He had been just sitting there enjoying every minute of it he looked like he was almost smiling.





Yesterday I was happy to see the Goldfinches had returned to the garden again! There was about four maybe five of them, I took some photographs and I was very happy with the results.












I can tell you that the cat situation seems to be quiet at the moment, maybe it is too hot for the felines as well. I suppose it will not last, either the weather or the cats staying away. 
I am struggling a bit as well my eyeballs are like jelly again, swollen, watering and very sore. Not that I am complaining of course!

Until the next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment