Friday 6 April 2012

Crazy weather...

On wednesday it snowed, it was freezing and the sky was white,
On thursday the sun shone, the sky was blue and it was pleasantly warmish,
Today it is overcast , the sky is grey and it is cold.

You just cannot plan what to do, where to go or what to wear in advance because the weather changes so quickly. Last week we had record breaking temperatures in some places and this week it is below freezing in the very same places. Is mother nature having a laugh or what?

I spent some time in the shed yesterday (Thursday) seeing as the sun was out, I took some photo's I think are good enough to share, so first of all are...


Nesting Blue Tits.


The Blue Tits were back and forth to the box for hours. I got as close as I could to take the shots.
One of the birds is staying very close to the box while the other goes further and returns with a beak full of nesting material. Blue Tits have nested in this box every year since we have lived here.


















Then we have...

Robins.


The Robin was sitting on the bush when I went for the shot, he took flight just as I pressed the button and this was the result. Not a great result by any means but I like it.
 I don't know why this Robin is standing like this, but he stood for about 3 or 4 minutes before suddenly giving a burst of song then flying away.
This Robin was flying back and forth from the feeder picking out the suet, then disappearing into the hedge with it. I don't know if there is a second pair nesting in there!


This Robin sang a beautiful song while sitting on the fence. He then flew into the next garden where I know there are a pair of Robins nesting.











Followed by...

Starlings.




This Starling stood on the post on one leg for about five minutes before flying away up onto the roof. I never saw if he actually had two legs or not!


This little fella sang his heart out, flapped his wings and tried his hardest, but the other Starling just ignored him.

1 comment:

  1. No nest boxes in our garden - not unless we want to create takeaways for martens!

    ReplyDelete